Session 2 – Translating 10 Tough Business Lessons Learned from the Pandemic into Reopening Actions
On March 25th, 2021 IIFX hosted a one-day, virtual summit – Prepping for the Return of Fans!, tailored to share information and innovative solutions between sports and entertainment industry leaders as they prepare to welcome fans and spectators to live entertainment.
The second session of the IIFX summit was sponsored by OnePlan, a London-based event planning company. OnePlan aims to deliver easy-to-use tools that enhance and simplify every step of the planning process. This session featured Danny DeLorenzi, Jennifer Sullivan, Matt Kenny, and Nick Spampanato who each addressed the ten of the toughest and most challenging obstacles that the sports and entertainment industry has faced over the past year.
The best lessons include:
- Leadership – lead from the front. Be visible. Show your staff and the fans you care about their health, safety, security, and service.
- Business Continuity Plans – Nothing ever plays out the way we expect it to. Have plans and know who is in charge of changes as new information arises. Be fluid and flexible.
- Relationships – Plan-sharing has allowed for the best decisions to be made at all venues. Keep in contact with regulators for the next potential crisis.
- Be Prepared to Pivot – Change is inevitable, and being prepared to react to that change is what is most important.
- Everyone Is On Equal Footing – Everyone is experiencing this for the first time, and working together to move forward. Anyone can have the right answer.
- The Book is Not Finished Yet – No one knows what the ending will look like for the sports and entertainment industry going forward.
- Virtual Training – Being able to track what training employees have done will help teams prepare their staff.
Check back in tomorrow for the next blog recap in the “Prepping for The Return of Fans!” Summit series!