- This event has passed.
FANCENTRIC International Conference & Expo
May 24, 2022 @ 8:00 am - May 26, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Innovative Changes for the Sports & Entertainment Industry
The world has learned that a low-probability, high consequence incident is possible, highly disruptive, and devastating. Since January 2020, our world has been altered by an insidious virus and its cascading impacts; the human and financial costs were crushing. It has changed how we live, work, and play in ways most could never anticipate or imagine.
A national Return to Work, Play, and Spectate Task Force was established. The task force recognized early the risks posed and opportunities available to the sports and entertainment industry. Task force members included a cross-section of thought leaders, technical experts, medical experts, technologists, futurists, lawyers, insurance experts, and representatives from: entertainment, professional sports, endurance events, intercollegiate athletics, interscholastic athletics, youth sports, and parades and festivals.
Through leveraging the knowledge and experience of thought leaders in the sports, entertainment, and safety and security industries, identify key learnings, questions, and decisions that are made during the “Great Wait” to safely return to work, play and spectate. During the deliberations, the task force identified four core areas as an organizing construct and as a means of identifying key principles that drive the sports and entertainment industry. They are people, policy, partnerships, and platforms.
In intent of the conference is to assist C-suite executives, managers, supervisors, and staff ask hard questions to determine whether their structure, plans, policies and processes and people are ready to restart operations, much less full capacity operations with INNOVATIVE CHANGES.
Taking a “FANCENTRIC” Approach to Presenting Sports and Entertainment Events
- Strategies that give fans confidence to attend live events
- Anticipating changes to fan expectations
- Future trends for fan engagement and retention
Changes to Threat and Vulnerability Profiles for Venues & Events
- Addressing ongoing concerns about public health risk and mass gatherings
- Understanding crowd behavior in today’s social and political climate
- Guarding against cyber-based attacks and building a more resilient operation
The Post-Pandemic Labor Force – Recruiting / Training / Retaining Personnel
- Lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and a way forward
- What part-time employees expect from your workplace?
- How distance learning has changed the way we train event and venue personnel
- Improving your organization to get, grow and keep the best talent
Technology Solutions for Live Event World
- Venue and event technologies deployed in response to the global pandemic
- Determining priorities: how to best use your technology investment
- How new venues are using technology to provide safe and enjoyable fan experiences